The current seat of the Municipality, this-16th century palace was partially rebuilt after the terrible fire that destroyed its upper part in 1593. Inside there is still a noble wing, home of the podestà (mayors) of the past. Attributed to the great Veronese master Michele Sammicheli, the Council hall is the most valuable space with magnificent wooden decorations carved in the ceiling in 1605 by the famous Marcantonio Vanin. Behind the imposing building, along the alleyleading to the small pedestrian gate that opensontothe south side of the Vallo (moat),one can see a pretty, tiny eighteenth-century house that looks like a miniaturestately building.

Condividi